Medical Student ID Badges & Lockers
Northwestern University Wildcards
All medical students receive a Wildcard when they start their M1 year. If you need to replace your Wildcard, go to the Wildcard Office at 345 E. Superior St., 15th Floor, to pay $25 for a replacement. Check Wildcard webpage for office hours.
Upon receiving your replacement Wildcard, your card will need to be programmed for campus tap and go access. Please submit a front and back copy of your Wildcard to Linda Daniels. Building access is usually granted by the facilities department within one to three business days
Northwestern Medicine ID Badges
Each medical student will also be issued a Northwestern Medicine (NM) badge (for identification purposes and hospital door access) at the start of the M1 year. Medical students should display their ID badge on their white coat at all times.
If you lose your badge, follow these steps:
- Pay the replacement fee at the cashier's office on the second floor of the Feinberg Pavilion. Office hours are Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Bring the receipt to ID Processing on the mezzanine level of Feinberg Pavilion to pick up your badge. Hours are Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Lurie Children’s Hospital ID Badges
Medical students are required to obtain an ID card for Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago prior to any clinical activities at Lurie. Students should keep this badge until graduation from Feinberg.
To receive a Lurie Children’s hospital ID badge:
- Go to the hospital's first floor; hours are 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday through Fridays; the office opens at 9:30 a.m. on Mondays.
- Identify yourself as a Feinberg medical student. Provide picture ID upon request.
- Have your photo taken and receive a Lurie Children’s ID card.
- If you are having trouble using your card, please contact Glenda DeBerry at 312-227-0161.
Medical student lockers are assigned in the basement of the McGaw Building or the basement of the Ward Building, and are available to students for personal daily use — storing coats, books and small and non-perishable items.
Students may keep their assigned locker throughout their time as undergraduate medical students. You must empty your locker at the time of graduation or before your departure from the Feinberg School of Medicine.
If you have any questions about locker assignments, please contact Jenny Dick.