Students who are applying as visiting students from a Global Partner institution need to meet the following requirements:
- Must be a medical student enrolled in one of our Global Partner universities.
- Must receive prior approval from their school’s academic office to rotate as one of the institution’s students under medical student exchange agreement.
- Must be in good standing at their medical school.
- Must have completed at least one year of in-hospital clinical training and have completed all core clerkships in Internal Medicine, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, and Surgery.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be pursuing a medical degree.
- Must rotate before graduating from medical school.
These forms are for students who are applying as Global Partner applicants for the Visiting Student Program. Please check the Global Partner Institutions list below and the eligibility requirements before completing this application.
Global Partner Institutions
Northwestern’s Global Partner institutions are:
- Makerere University - Kampala, Uganda
- Stellenbosch University - Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Université Cheikh Anta Diop de Dakar - Dakar, Senegal
- University of Ibadan - Ibadan, Nigeria
- University of Jos - Jos, Nigeria
- University of Lagos – Lagos, Nigeria
- University of Sciences, Techniques, and Technologies – Bamako, Mali
- Peking University - Beijing, China
- Keio University - Tokyo, Japan
- Tel Aviv University - Tel Aviv, Israel
- Universidad Panamericana - Mexico City, Mexico
- Université de Strasbourg (Université Louis Pasteur) - Strasbourg, France
- Charité-Universitätsmedizinin - Berlin, Germany
- Karolinska Institutet - Stockholm, Sweden
- Royal College of Surgeons - Dublin, Ireland
- Trinity College Dublin - Dublin, Ireland
If a student from one of these universities meets all of the requirements and has received approval from their school’s academic office, they must submit the following forms:
- Global Partner Application: A complete scan of your application document is required at least three months and recommended at least six months before your earliest requested block begins.
- Northwestern Global Partner Immunization Form: the Northwestern immunization form must be completed by a personal physician or the home school health office in order for your application to be processed. A substitute health form will not be accepted. Please attach the requested laboratory reports. All health documentation must be submitted in ENGLISH.
- Universal Precautions Quiz: To fulfill item 7 of the application requirement, all students must complete this training in Universal Precautions.
Once you've been accepted, visit the checklist page for additional forms and next steps.