During the fourth year, there are multiple class sessions to discuss the application process. Also, there's a great deal of information posted here on our website to guide you. Remember that there are several types of application and match services. The systems you will use are determined by the specialty to which you are applying. You might have to use more than one type of application or match system.
- Application Services
Get links to the application services you'll need starting in the summer of the M4 year.
- Application Requirements
Learn about application requirements, including the Medical Student Performance Evaluation, letters of recommendation and medical school transcripts and photographs.
- Match Services
Learn more about "matching programs," register for a service and review previous match results.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to common questions about the residency process.
Road Map to Residency
The Association of American Medical Colleges has produced a new, comprehensive guide for applicants to U.S. residency programs. "Roadmap to Residency: From Application to the Match and Beyond" describes the policies, procedures and practices associated with residency application and is useful for both U.S. and non-U.S. medical school students and graduates.
- Phase 2/M3 Residency Application Timeline
- Phase 3/M4 Residency Application Timeline
- 2020 FSM Residency Application Guide (Net ID needed)
- CV Checklist
- Sample CV
- Sample MSPE
- Tips on Writing the Residency Application Personal Statement
- Residency Interview Questions
- Charting Outcomes in the Match 2018
- 2018 NRMP Program Director Survey
- Association of American Medical Colleges Resources
-The Total Cost of Residency Interviews Webinar (Recorded)
-The Cost of Residency Interviews (CiM article. Log-in Required)
-Schedule Smart for Residency Interviews (CiM article. Log-in Required)
-How to Schedule Your Residency Interviews (CiM article. Log-in Required)
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- American Medical Association
- American Medical Student Association
- American Urological Association
- Canadian Residency Matching Service
- Electronic Residency Matching Service
- Fellowship and Residency Electronic Interactive Database
- National Resident Matching Program
- San Francisco Match