Skip to main content

Enrollment Changes & Withdrawals

Changes in Enrollment or Financial Circumstances

If your enrollment status or financial circumstances change from what you report on your application materials, you must consult with Cynthia Gonzalez. If you do not report this information, you may jeopardize your eligibility for assistance in the current and/or subsequent academic period.

Changes that should be reported include but are not limited to the following:

  • Enrollment that is less than half time
  • Leave of Absence
  • Independent Study Status
  • Marriage
  • Expected earnings and/or those of your spouse (if married)
  • Receipt of an outside scholarship or other monetary gift

Taking Time Off

If you have federal student loans and you are considering taking time off for any reason, you must consult with Cynthia Gonzalez. Changes to your enrollment status may impact your federal student loan eligibility. The University’s academic programs are measured in credit hours. Therefore, you are considered to have withdrawn if you do not complete all the days in the term that were originally scheduled. Financial aid recipients who withdraw from the University may be required to return a portion of their Title IV funds (federal student loans) to the federal programs, outside scholarships and/or institutional financial aid.

See the Withdrawals and Financial Aid page on the Student Financial Services website for more information.