Find your path.
These resources and opportunities can assist you in determining the next steps in your career.
- Take the Careers in Medicine self-assessment from the AAMC to further define your what drives you.
- Join a Specialty Interest Group.
- Attend our annual career fair to learn about different specialties.
- Learn more about a day in the life of a specialty through shadowing.
- Seek out research opportunities through an AOSC project or through department specific projects.
- Attend the Phase 1 Module Career Exploration sessions to about hear more in-depth from trusted faculty about their careers.
- Weekly dean’s hours allow students to meet with a dean and discuss those specialties they want to explore.
Learn more about your options by exploring what's available and getting firsthand testimonials.
Career Advising & Specialties
Explore class-specific FAQ and request a specialty career adviser during your M3 year.
McGaw Residency Programs
Explore the scope of training opportunities Northwestern offers. Find specialty specific information on residents life, curriculum and application requirements in certain specialties.
Why I Chose My Specialty
Our faculty all took unique paths to their careers. Read why some of your favorite faculty choose their specialty.
Residency Application Process & Resources
Be prepared for Match. Access information on the process, our application guide and other resources.