Policies & Resources
Department employees will be held accountable to Feinberg IT security and policies. This includes information security, data storage and hardware/software standards.
All hardware and software should be ordered through Feinberg IT Procurement. If your desired item is not obtainable through Feinberg IT or listed on their site, consult Feinberg IT.
Institutional Review Board (IRB)
Email Mary Kate Fitzgerald when an IRB is submitted, renewed, modified or closed. She must be listed as the primary contact on all existing and new IRB proposals; learn how to update your proposal’s personnel listing.
Close studies when interactions with human subjects are complete and all data collection and analysis of identifiable private information have been finished.
Scientists will be held accountable to Northwestern IRB Rules and Regulations.
The Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University is an NCI-funded center, and as such is required to abide by NCI rules related to research oversight. A particularly important requirement is the establishment of a protocol review and monitoring system, which within the Lurie Cancer Center is the Scientific Review Committee (SRC). The SRC is responsible for the review of all cancer-relevant research conducted within the institutions that comprise the center.
In order to comply with NCI requirements, all cancer-relevant research must be submitted to the SRC prior to IRB submission.
- CITI Training
- Creating a eIRB+ Profile
- Protocol Templates
- eIRB+ Submission Process
- Research Supplemental Submission
- Reporting New Information to the IRB
- NUCATS: Provides clinical research support, epidemiological and statistical assistance, biomedical informatics services and community and stakeholder engagement.
- Galter Health Science Library: Access to PubMed, classes and guides to support research, including advice on writing the new NIH Biosketch.
- Core Facilities: Specialized laboratory available equipment to rent.
- Feasibility Query Tool (12B2): Web-based tool to develop and run queries against a subset of data in the Northwestern Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Animal Research: Be informed and compliant with all animal study policy and certification.
- Research Administration: The Department of Urology receives research administration from FSM's Research Administration Service team. The contact for all inquiries is Amy Hinze-Pifer.
Applications (administrative shell, including the budget) must be submitted to the Research Administration Team at least 10 business days prior to the application deadline or they will not be eligible for submission.
If you are having trouble reaching your research administrator from the Dean’s Office Research Administration Services, and it is a time-sensitive manner, please escalate to RAS Leadership:
Jyrell Keys firstname.lastname@example.org 312-503-4151
Cyndie Shannon-Hutchison email@example.com 312-503-2856
Janet Nelson firstname.lastname@example.org 312-503-6578
- Administrative Checklist
- NIH InfoEd Administrative Shell Checklist
- Industry-Sponsored Application for Education-Related Activities Checklist (PDF)