News and Announcements
Browse the articles below to learn more about our faculty’s latest achievements, awards and honors.
- Dr. Auffenberg speaks with WGN news during Testicular Cancer Awareness Month to discuss symptoms and early detection of testicular cancer.04.24.2019
- Dr. Meeks discusses the SWOG 1806 study, Chemoradiotherapy With or Without Atezolizumab in Treating Patients With Localized Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer. The study is expected to begin enrollment in May 2019.04.03.2019
- Dr. Schaeffer discusses key take home messages from the prostate cancer presentations from ASCO GU 2019 conference04.03.2019
- Dr. Anthony Schaeffer participates on asymptomatic bacteriuria (ASB) guideline panel for Infectious Diseases Society of America03.22.2019
- Dr. Catalona comments on a publication regarding how multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging targeted prostate biopsies can improve detection of clinically significant PCa while decreasing the risk of overdetection of insignificant cancers03.22.2019
- Dr. Kieb’s study assessing outcomes of standard and abdominal placement of the sacral nerve stimulator highlighted by UroToday03.22.2019
- Resident Adam Weiner awarded Urology Care Foundation Residency Research Award for his proposal titled ‘Molecular profiles of African American men with localized prostate cancer’03.22.2019
- Join us as along with distinguished faculty from other Chicago area urology programs for interactive discussions on complex cases, AUA highlights, and breakthroughs in research, surgical technique and treatment03.22.2019
- Dr. Schaeffer shares his expertise on how to diagnose, treat and survive prostate cancer on the Peter Attia Drive podcast02.12.2019
Northwestern neuroscientists and engineers have developed a tiny, implantable device that has potential to help people with bladder problems.
- This Year's Don't-Miss News in Contraception: Dr. Nelson Bennett weighs in on the latest findings in male sexual health01.02.2019
- Dr. Catalona comments on a new study published in @EUplatinum showing visual registration combined with image fusion results in high prostate cancer detection rates12.20.2018
Men with inflammatory bowel disease have four to five times higher risk of prostate cancer, according to a new 20-year study.
Armed with a prestigious new grant, investigators prepare to rapidly translate scientific breakthroughs into better brain tumor therapies. Read the story in Northwestern Medicine magazine.
- Dr. Schaeffer interviewed by Self Magazine on Simon Biles competing at the World Artistic Gymnastics Championship one day after being diagnosed with a kidney stone.10.30.2018
In a recent clinical trial, a drug called apalutamide added to standard therapy slowed cancer progression in men with prostate cancer, while maintaining quality of life.
- Dr. Catalona is featured in Renal and Urology news on the clinical application of a new study showing castrate-resistant prostate cancer may develop as a result of a lack of androgen receptor expression in prostate cancer cells09.20.2018
- Dr. Kielb shares her expert opinion with Reuter’s Health on a study suggesting a treatment for opioid-induced urine retention09.11.2018
- Dr. Bennett shares his opinion on a new study showing that sperm count is a good indicator of general health with Chicago Health Magazine.09.11.2018
An existing drug significantly lowered the risk of metastasis or death when used in men with non-metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer and a rising PSA level, according to a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine.