Twelve first-year resident positions are offered each academic year, which begins in late June. Residency committee members from the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology holistically screen all applications and invite selected applicants for interviews. A completed application must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and be received by the committee no later than Oct 1 each year. Interviews take place in November and December.
Interview dates for the 2023-2024 application cycle are Saturday, November 11, December 2 and December 16.
The ERAS application should include:
- an ERAS-provided medical school transcript
- a list of any honors or other distinctions obtained in medical school courses or elsewhere
- overall scores obtained in Step I and Step II of the USMLE examination(required)
- Four letters of recommendation (including a letter from the Ob/Gyn Chair of your medical school and a standardized letter of evaluation [SLOE])
- an ERAS-provided personal statement
- a list of any research papers and publications
In addition to the above requirements, graduates of international, non-LCME accredited medical schools, need to provide current, valid ECFMG certification (the program sponsors J-1 and H-1B visas).
The program will follow the recommended standards as set forth by APGO for the Obstetrics and Gynecology residency application and virtual interview processes.
- October 1, 2023, is the deadline for receipt of ERAS application materials - the Admissions Committee will only review ERAS applications if ALL of the requested application materials are received by this date.
- Invitations will be extended to applicants starting on October 24, 2023. Applicants will be granted a 48-hour window to respond. Thereafter, rolling offers will be offered for any unfilled interview slots. These applicants will have 24 hours to respond.
- The program will limit the interview invitations to the number of released interview slots.
- Only the exact number of interview slots will be offered as the number of invited applicants.
- All interviews will be conducted virtually.
- All applicants will receive an email regarding their final status (interview, reject, waitlist) before December 1, 2023.
For questions regarding our residency program, please contact Renee Poland, Residency Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-472-4673.