Twelve first-year resident positions are offered each academic year, which begins in late June. Residency committee members from the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology screen all applications and invite selected applicants for interviews. A completed application must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and be received by the committee no later than Oct 1 each year. Interviews take place in October, November and December.
The ERAS application should include:
- an ERAS-provided medical school transcript
- a list of any honors or other distinctions obtained in medical school courses or elsewhere
- overall scores obtained in Parts I and II of the USMLE examination (if available)
- three letters of recommendation (at least one letter must be from either the department chair or a senior faculty member in obstetrics and gynecology)
- an ERAS-provided personal statement
- a list of any research papers and publications
For questions regarding our residency program, please contact Renee Poland, Residency Coordinator, at email@example.com or 312-472-4673.