Learning Spaces & Classroom Technology
Learning Space Support covers all Feinberg spaces used for teaching and learning, as well as most conference and meeting spaces. This includes all AV equipment, as well as specialized medical technologies such as Butterflies, OtoSim, HeartSounds and iPads.
For urgent needs, please call 312-503-5722 or email FSMAVSUPPORT@northwestern.edu.
Active Learning Classroom (ALC)
- Open flat-floor classroom space (McGaw 1250) with recessed "air" walls the accomodate various size groups and can be distinguished into four separate room
- 24 movable, eight-person tables for group work
- Each room features a teaching station and audio station to allow for communication and collaboration across adjacent rooms
- Seven digital displays per room (one per group, one for the instructor)
- Digital displays support wireless connectivity, enabling students to easily share content via a unique URL using any web-enabled device
- Mobile whiteboards
- Ceiling and podium-mounted documented cameras
- Video/audio conference capabilities
The ALC is the premier space for active learning. If it is booked and you need an additional space with mobile furniture, consider the following room: Grey Seminar Room, SQ 2200. While these rooms lack technological functionality, they can still accomodate some active learning as well as video conferencing.
Flexible Teaching Solutions
Mobile Teaching Cart
Designed to help facilitate remote teaching, the Mobile Teaching Cart helps you transform a lecture hall or seminar room into a teaching space. If you would like to use this adaptable technology, simply email us using the link below, and someone will contact you within 24 hours to assess your needs and finalize the arrangements.
Remote Teaching Studio
The Remote Teaching Studio is an on-campus space that allows you to lecture in a synchronous (live) or asynchronous (recorded) capacity. The space is ready to go for your recording and streaming. To book the studio, email us using the link below, and someone will contact you within 24 hours to assess your needs and finalize the arrangements