Global Protect VPN Project
What is GlobalProtect VPN?
Northwestern has transitioned to GlobalProtect as the application used to connect to the Virtual Private Network (VPN).
VPN provides a secure connection to the University services when you are off-campus.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I install and set up GlobalProtect?
- Please visit Northwestern IT Knowledge Base to download and install the application.
- GlobalProtect is available through FSM Self Service for FSM-managed laptops and desktops.
How do I find GlobalProtect on my device?
The GlobalProtect application is installed on all FSM-managed laptops and desktops.
- Windows: Users can find the GlobalProtect icon on the taskbar or by typing “GlobalProtect” in the search bar.
- macOS: Users can find the GlobalProtect icon in the launchpad menu or menu bar at the top of the screen.
What if I use an NM, Lurie, or Shirley Ryan computer?
- Please get in touch with their IT help desk for technical support.
Please contact email@example.com for additional support.