DocuSign in Feinberg
Northwestern has partnered with DocuSign to provide the university with a standard digital signature solution. DocuSign is designed to improve workflow for signing and approving official documents in an efficient and secure way. It eliminates the need to transfer important documents in need of signature via email, fax, or US Mail. Feinberg has also purchased a supplementary FDA compliant module that can be used for research documentation governed by the FDA.
More information about DocuSign basics can be found on the NU Procurement website.
How to get started
If your department or school has a need to utilize DocuSign, follow the steps below:
Submit a request to email@example.com
A member of our service desk will create your Docusign account and reply with instructions on how to access the site.
Frequently Asked Questions
REDCap should be used for electronic consenting.
Yes! Please be sure to request this access when you submit your ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are a limited number of envelopes for compliance so please only use them when necessary.
To learn more about how to use the eSignature Tool, you can review the following short videos or webpage resources provided by DocuSIgn:
- DocuSign Account Tour (Video) (1 minute and 29 seconds)
- Sending Envelopes in DocuSign (Video) (1 minute and 46 seconds)
- How to Sign a document received via DocuSign (1 minute 9 seconds)
- How do I send a DocuSign document? (Webpage)
- Send Envelopes (Full list of resources)
- Add or Edit Users (Webpage)
- Using PowerForms (Webpage)
- Support Center (Search)