Enterprise Data Warehouse
The Northwestern Medicine Enterprise Data Warehouse (NMEDW) was designed create a single, comprehensive and integrated repository of all clinical and research data sources on the campus to facilitate research, clinical quality, healthcare operations and medical education.
- The Research Use of EDW Data policy is to ensure research data is obtained through authoritative data sources with evidence of approval and only through approved pathways consistent with existing agreements for NMHC data. Please review the EDW FAQ for more information about how this policy may apply to your research and how to access EHR data appropriately.
- To submit a report request, please login here.
Accessing NMHC for Research Purposes (document access requires connection via VPN)
- Accessing NMHC and/or the electronic medical record for research purposes requires participation in the NMHC Access Program.
- If you are a non-employee of NU (intern/summer student/visiting scholar), please review the non-employee manual for access steps.
- For more information about access, Study Tracker, and other workflows, please visit this FAQ page.