Funding Updates & Journal Entries
For instructions on how to update funding in myHR, please see the Deployed Funding Guide. For instructions on how to change funding within 90 days in myHR and complete a journal entry, please see Changing Funding Retroactively with Journal Entry.
Retroactive salary transfers between chartstrings for charges over 90 days can be entered in myHR using the existing myHR "Enter Journals" panel. Feinberg requires the following documents to be attached to over-90-day journals entered in myHR:
- Signed 90-Day Justification Memo
- Journal Entry Salary Template
- Certified Effort Report, if applicable and available
Any 90-day memos involving sponsored projects require signature(s), wet or electronic, from the PI(s). School-level approvals on the 90-day memo and journal entry are applied via the electronic approval workflow.
Journals still need to be processed on paper if they are:
- Over 12 months old from the start date of the journal
- A transfer between a payroll and a scholarship/stipend account
- Over-90-day journals for temp employees
Effective March 17, 2020 - Please follow the procedure outlined by the Office of Cost Studies for routing and approvals for paper journals that involve sponsored projects:
For additional guidance and information, see the following resources:
- myHR site on Online Over-90-Day Journals
- myHR Payroll Journal Updates effective 10/31/2019
- 90 Day Dos and Don'ts
- Job Aid for Entering Payroll Journals
- Revised Procedure: Over 90 Day Memo Preparer and PI/Supervisor Approvals for Salary Cost Transfer Journals submitted in myHR
Journal entry salary templates can be used to calculate payroll journal entries needed for retroactive funding changes and are a required attachment for over 90 day journals.