Effective April 3, 2020 - With the University recently moving to a remote-work environment, the Office of Finance and Administration has introduced the use of OnBase for submitting all payroll paperwork. All transaction types that were formerly submitted via paper hard copy should now be submitted through OnBase. Please note that the process for any transaction types that are normally submitted online in myHR will not change and should continue to be entered in myHR.
Please refer to the following instructional documents for guidance on how to use OnBase for submitting payroll paperwork:
For additional resources, see:
- Faculty Affairs Office OnBase Resource Page
- FSM OnBase Department Approvers
- How To: Combine or merge files into a single PDF (see also: How to combine files into a PDF)
- To submit paperwork: HR Operations Document Submission Page
- To approve paperwork: OnBase Approver's Dashboard
The following requests for Feinberg departments will use the above workflow:
- Position/Appointment Forms for:
- Staff - Terminations
- Student – all transaction types
- Non-Employee – all transaction types
- Special Pay Request
- Resignation Letter
For requests involving faculty and research staff, see FAO’s OnBase Routing Workflows.
For requests that require approvals from other areas/units not included in the OnBase workflows, departments must obtain those approvals prior to submitting in OnBase and include them with the request.
For requests for changes related to regular staff other than terminations, departments should consult with their HR Business Partner for further directions.
All other requests for Feinberg will route from the department to HR Operations.For the status of a request or technical assistance, contact askHR@northwestern.edu.