Frequently Asked Questions
What is my netID and/or university email address?
Faculty are notified of their Northwestern University netID and email address shortly after the faculty appointment is approved. If you cannot remember your netID or email address, you may look them up by following these steps:
- Search for your name in the Northwestern University directory.
- Click the "more" link underneath your name in the directory to see both your netID and email address.
I forgot or don't know my netID password. How can I reset it?
- To activate your netID and establish a password, go to NU Validate.
- Enter your netID and click "forgot your password."
- You will be asked to answer a series of security questions, after which you can choose a password. Going forward, you will be able to access your account with this password.
How do I access my Northwestern University email account?
How do I forward my Northwestern University email to another account?
As a condition of your faculty appointment at Northwestern, you must either check your Northwestern email address (northwestern.edu) on a regular basis or auto-forward those emails to an approved email domain (e.g., nm.org, luriechildrens.org). A complete list of approved domains is provided in the Forwarding and Auto-Forwarding of Email Policy.
This guide will help you auto-forward your email to an approved affiliate. You will need your netID and password to complete the auto-forwarding process. If you do not know them, see the guidance above.