Faculty members are encouraged, but not required, to display their photo on their Feinberg Faculty Profile:
- All faculty may attend regularly scheduled photo shoots to obtain a professional headshot. The schedule is available below.
- Alternatively, you may send a photo to support staff in your department to be posted to your profile. All photos will be reviewed for:
- Minimum size of 160px X 240px. Photos can be bigger, but not smaller.
- Accepted formats: .jpg, .jpeg, .pjpeg, .png, .gif
Photos in the Feinberg Faculty Portal
Uploading a photo to the Feinberg Faculty Portal does not change the photo displayed on your public faculty profile:
- The photo loaded to the Personal Information section is visible only to you and staff who assist you in updating your account.
- There is a section called Photos for Media Use on the profile page. As a faculty member, you may be asked by internal communications staff or external media to provide a headshot for stories that feature you. You are invited to store photos here so that they are easily accessible to you and administrators in the department and school.
Attend a Photo Shoot
Regular headshot photo shoots are offered through Northwestern Medicine clinical affiliates and are available to all faculty. For a new or updated photo, there is no appointment necessary. We invite you to attend one of our drop-in sessions listed below.
Please be prepared to provide us with the following information:
- Degree(s) (MD, PhD, etc.)
- Department and/or specialty
- Affiliation (NMG, private and/or Feinberg)
Professional attire is strongly recommended. Please avoid sleeveless tops and busy-patterned or white shirts. White or gray coats are up to your discretion.
Photos taken at one of these sessions will automatically be uploaded to your faculty profile and the NM.org "Find a Physician" directory. You will be asked to sign a media release which explains these potential uses. If you are affiliated with Feinberg School of Medicine, we will also share out your image to be posted on the faculty directory as well. You will also receive a copy for your own use on department pages and for speaking engagements. Our turnaround time for physician photos is two weeks.
If you have any other questions, please connect with the local contacts listed below.
Photo Shoot Dates
Please find the list of annual photo shoot dates near you on the NM Physician Forum.