CHET's monthly newsletter, Voices, provides up-to-date information on local and national initiatives, highlighting health equity research, resources, funding opportunities, and events. If you would like to have your work or event featured in Voices please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Voices Newsletter & Mail Archive
- 05/18/2022 - Silence Harms
- 05/13/2022 - Join us May 31st for Advancing Asian American Pacific Islander Leadership in Health
- 04/20/2022 - "Fostering Reciprocal Relationships Between Communities of Color & Research" TODAY at noon and more updates from CHET!
- 04/12/2022 - Join Us Next Week for the Discussions of Mistrust Series Finale!
- 03/18/2022 - One More Week Until Part 2 of our Discussions of Mistrust Series!
- 03/11/2022 - VOICES Newsletter: Screening Madness, upcoming events, and more!
- 02/22/2022 - VOICES Newsletter: Happy Black History Month, upcoming events, and more!
- 01/25/2022 - VOICES Newsletter: Happy New Year, upcoming events, and more!
- 12/17/2021 - Happy Holidays from the Center for Health Equity Transformation!
- 12/10/2021 - Join CHET in a conversation with Dr. Inger Burnett-Zeigler!
- 11/30/2021 - VOICES Newsletter: Updates, upcoming events, and more!
- 11/23/2021 - Check out CHET's 2020-2021 Annual Report!
- 11/05/2021 - Highlight Your Work with Us / 'Beauty Is Me' Event Recap
- 10/22/2021 - VOICES Newsletter: Our Center is growing, upcoming events, and more!
- 10/18/2021 - CHET's Faculty Director Elected to the National Academy of Medicine!
- 10/04/2021 - Mind & Body During the Pandemic: A Discussion on Mental Health Care
- 06/30/2021 - COVID-19: Disaster Preparedness and Vulnerable Populations: A Workshop Series
- 06/25/2021 - Join us at noon! Deadly Misogyny: The Intersection of Gun and Gender-based Violence
- 06/16/2021 - Amplifying Black women's experiences with breast cancer in the media today & Juneteenth 2021
- 06/11/2021 - Upcoming events with CHET: Juneteenth and The Intersection of Gun and Gender-based Violence
COVID-19 Special Edition April 7th: Updates & Resources
COVID-19 Special Edition March 23rd: Updates & ResourcesThis special edition newsletter provides resources for staying healthy and feeling safe during COVID-19.
March 2020During women's history month, we honor the wonderful women at CHET! Our Founder/Director Melissa Simon, MD, MPH was chosen as a 2020 Faculty Mentor of the Year. We are incredibly proud of Ana Reyes, a second-year medical student at Northwestern University for being acknowledged at MOLA's Anniversary and Scholarship Awards this month.
February 2020This month we honor the memory of Dr. Virginia "Gini" Bishop. CHETchat Spotlight series features Dr. Celeste Watkins-Hayes and her work in HIV/AIDS activism. Our Hidden Figures Spotlight takes a closer look at Leony Calderón and her work in community activism.
January 2020CHET hosts a housing and health equity panel, shedding light on housing initiatives taking place in Chicago. Our Hidden Figures spotlight takes a closer look at Jessyca Dudley and her work in promoting equity in the social sector.
The CHETchat Spotlight Series features the perspectives of Dr. Fernando De Maio and Dr. Raj Shah on taking risks to achieve equity. The Hidden Figures Spotlight takes a look at Dr. Gregory Phillips II and his work on minority HIV research. CHET announces an upcoming employee wellness grant called CHET's Kitchen.
November 2019The CHETchat Spotlight Series presents Dr. Clyde Yancy as he shares his perspective on education and workforce inclusion. This month’s Hidden Figures Spotlight looks at Sendy Soto and her work in supporting asylum-seeking families and individuals.
October 2019ChicagoCHEC hosted its 4th annual community forum on Navigating the Cancer Journey. Northwestern University Minority Health and Health Disparities Research Training Program (NU-MHRT) has begun accepting applications. The Hidden Figures Spotlight this month looks at Brenda Reyes, RN, CLC and her support of minority mothers and children.
September 2019Senator Durbin visited with students in the Chicagoland area to discuss the need for increased funding in medical research. CHET dives deeper into the inequities of cancer treatment and detection in the primary care, as well as the specialty care sector.
August 2019CHET received the T37 Training Award this month, and we look forward to providing research and training experiences to minority students. Our Hidden Figures Spotlight takes a closer look at Fatema Rehman Mirza and her work on health disparities in the immigrant population, as well as Carlos Gallo on his research on written and spoken language in coordination with patient health improvement in the Hispanic community.
July 2019This month, we highlight Dr. Inger Burnett-Zeigler and Dolores Castañeda for their
admirable work in the health equity sector, and we welcome the ChicagoCHEC 2019 Fellows cohort.