Space for Research Day is limited in 2019, and will be reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will make our best efforts to accommodate as many posters as possible, and all presenters will be confirmed via email. Presenters may not submit more than one poster for display.
Upon submitting an abstract, each participant will be assigned judges who will review and rate their submission prior to Research Day. The judging staff is comprised of senior Feinberg faculty. On the day of the event, judges will visit the posters of the top-rated abstracts to make their final rankings. Those selected as finalists will be notified prior to the event and expected to remain near their posters to answer questions from judges during the judging if possible.
Those not selected as finalists are encouraged to answer questions from attendees and faculty during the session, but are also invited to browse other posters, collaborate with colleagues, ask questions of attendees, and explore the poster session.
Posters are rated on the following criteria:
- The topic of the study represents an important or emerging area of science
- The background provides sufficient rationale for pursuing the study questions
- A clearly stated objective and/or testable hypothesis is presented
- The study design is strong and appropriate for testing this hypothesis or fulfilling the study objective
- Figures and tables are easy to read and interpret
- The results are clearly presented and appear sound based upon the data collected
- The discussion reflects a responsible and scientifically credible understanding of the results
- The conclusions are consistent with the hypothesis being tested or study objective
- The overall appearance, content and final impressions are outstanding
Submissions that do not adhere to the correct format will not be accepted.
Awards are given to individuals with the highest scores in basic science research, clinical research, public health and social sciences, and women's health research.
Basic science, clinical, and public health and social sciences awards may be redeemed by contacting Beth Panke in the Feinberg Research Office.
The Medical Women Faculty Organization Founders Award(s) may be redeemed by contacting the Women's Faculty Organization.