- Researchers Probe Molecular Cause for Glaucoma
Based on their findings, researchers from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago said they are working to develop eye drops that might one day cure the disease in people.
- US News & World Report Sep 11, 2014
- Music Lessons May Help Bridge 'Achievement Gap'
"This research demonstrates that community music programs can literally 'remodel' children's brains in a way that improves sound processing, which could lead to better learning and language skills," lead author Nina Kraus, a professor of communication sciences and of neurobiology and physiology at Northwestern University, said in a university news release.
- U.S. News & World Report Sep 03, 2014
- Low-carb diets: Studies differ on whether they are best
The JAMA review also looked at the diets only from a short-term weight-loss standpoint, says Linda Van Horn, a registered dietitian at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago. She wrote an editorial accompanying the study.
- USA Today Sep 02, 2014
- Medical research rarely uses female test subjects
Women and men often react differently to illness and treatment, yet surgical researchers rarely use female animals or cells in their published studies — to the detriment of patients, a Northwestern University professor has concluded.
- Chicago Tribune Sep 02, 2014