- Screening of Postpartum Women Shows High Rates of Depression
Those are questions Katherine Wisner, M.D., and her colleagues sought to answer when they recently evaluated 10,000 mothers at an urban obstetrical hospital using the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS).
- Psychiatric News May 03, 2013
- Kids and food allergies
Dr. Ruchi Gupta, associate professor of pediatrics, discusses children and food allergies.
- National Public Radio May 01, 2013
- Cell study research targets ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease
Now a medical researcher at Northwestern University has isolated the neurons that die in ALS and "dressed' them in a green fluorescent jacket that makes them stand out for scientists to study, a university release reported Tuesday.
- UPI Apr 30, 2013
- Excuse-proof your workout
"We make excuses to reduce what's called cognitive dissonance," says Dan Kirschenbaum, professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Northwestern University Medical School.
- CNN Apr 29, 2013