- Star's preventive surgery sparks breast cancer debate
But experts such as the University of Minnesota's Tuttle and Dr. Seema Khan, a professor of surgery at the Feinberg School Medicine at Northwestern University, want patients to have a better understanding of the risks and benefits of a preventive mastectomy.
- Chicago Tribune May 14, 2013
- Treatment offers new way to save fertility
In 2009, the National Institutes of Health announced that Northwestern scientists Teresa K. Woodruff and Lonnie D. Shea with the help of colleagues had developed a method to advance undeveloped human eggs to near maturity.
- USA Today May 12, 2013
- Screening of Postpartum Women Shows High Rates of Depression
Those are questions Katherine Wisner, M.D., and her colleagues sought to answer when they recently evaluated 10,000 mothers at an urban obstetrical hospital using the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS).
- Psychiatric News May 03, 2013
- Kids and food allergies
Dr. Ruchi Gupta, associate professor of pediatrics, discusses children and food allergies.
- National Public Radio May 01, 2013