- Guidelines detail Ebola care; Illinois clarifies mandatory home quarantine
Dr. Robert Murphy, an infectious disease expert at Northwestern University, suggested politicians should consider giving enforcement power to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which currently issues only voluntary guidelines for local health departments.
- Chicago Tribune Oct 27, 2014
- Some worry doctors will stop helping Ebola patients
The diagnosis of another American doctor – and the heavy media coverage -- could deter physicians and nurses from offering to help patients in West Africa, said Robert Murphy, director of the Center for Global Health at Northwestern University in Chicago.
- USA Today Oct 24, 2014
- 6 Medical Breakthroughs That Matter
“But many women won’t even start taking it, because they’ve heard of side effects like hot flashes and blood clots,” says Seema Khan, MD, of Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
- TIME Magazine Oct 23, 2014
- Flu season here; health officials urge vaccine
No one this season has been admitted to Northwestern hospitals with influenza, said Dr. Michael Angarone, an infectious disease specialist at Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine.
- Chicago Tribune Oct 21, 2014