- Modern War Wounds Can Devastate Vets' Sexual, Emotional Health
It is hard to even imagine having your genitals crushed, burned or ripped off in a blast by a makeshift bomb, said Dr. Chris Gonzalez, the lead author of a new review article published recently in The Journal of Men's Health.
- U.S. News & World Report Feb 21, 2014
- Don't just sit there! It could be harmful later in life
Every additional hour adults over age 60 spend sitting increases by 50% their risk of being disabled for activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing and walking, says the study's lead author Dorothy Dunlop, a professor of medicine at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.
- USA Today Feb 19, 2014
- How Lurie's move downtown affected its bottom line
Bharat Bhushan, who studies sleep disorders, says he no longer has to shuttle back and forth between the former Lincoln Park campus and the Feinberg School.
- Crain's Chicago Business Feb 17, 2014
- Insertable heart monitor finds elusive atrial fibrillation after unexplained s
“Atrial fibrillation can be difficult to detect due to its sometimes intermittent nature, and the fact that it isn’t always accompanied by symptoms,” said Richard A. Bernstein, M.D., Ph.D., an author of the new study and professor of neurology at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago.
- American Heart Association Feb 14, 2014