- Scientists create first mouse model for ALS dementia
“This new model will allow rapid testing and direct monitoring of drugs in real time,” Teepu Siddique, lead author and Northwestern scientist said in a news release.
- Fox News (National) Sep 25, 2014
- We Drink More Alcohol When We Exercise
First we sweat, and then we swig: A new Northwestern Medicine studypublished in the journal Health Psychology finds that people tend to drink more alcohol on days they’ve exercised.
- TIME Magazine Sep 23, 2014
- CDC: Ebola could infect 1.4 million people by January
That sort of exponential increase in cases makes it more likely that Ebola will become entrenched in West Africa, said Robert Murphy, a professor of medicine and biomedical engineering at Northwestern University.
- USA Today Sep 23, 2014
- The deadliest below-the-belt disease you need to know about
While the average woman's lifetime risk is about 1.5 percent, this risk is much higher in women with a BRCA mutation, said Dr. Deborah Lindner, chief medical officer for Bright Pink (brightpink.org/) and clinical instructor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Northwestern University.
- Fox News (National) Sep 22, 2014
Register Now! Learn about topics in critical care medicine and more at the 10th Annual Midwestern Hospital Medicine Conference, October 2-4 at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
Visit Our Online Store Shop for Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine merchandise, including T-shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, hats and more.