- 'Genius grant' winners from 3 Illinois universities
For Mark Hersam, professor and director of the Materials Research Science and Engineering Center at Northwestern University, that sort of product is one of many he hopes to create using a tiny, though powerful technology.
- Chicago Tribune Sep 17, 2014
- A Blood Test for Depression? Science Says It's Possible
Now, in a study released Tuesday, scientists led by Eva Redei at Northwestern Medicine say it may be possible to test for depression in the blood—and figure out which patients will benefit most from behavior-based therapy as a treatment.
- TIME Magazine Sep 16, 2014
- Researchers Probe Molecular Cause for Glaucoma
Based on their findings, researchers from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago said they are working to develop eye drops that might one day cure the disease in people.
- U.S. News & World Report Sep 11, 2014
- Music Lessons May Help Bridge 'Achievement Gap'
"This research demonstrates that community music programs can literally 'remodel' children's brains in a way that improves sound processing, which could lead to better learning and language skills," lead author Nina Kraus, a professor of communication sciences and of neurobiology and physiology at Northwestern University, said in a university news release.
- U.S. News & World Report Sep 03, 2014
Register Now! Discuss the latest ground-breaking research in drug discovery at the 19th Annual Drug Discovery Symposium, October 9 at the Robert H. Lurie Medical Research Center.
Visit Our Online Store Shop for Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine merchandise, including T-shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, hats and more.