Browse the categories below for professional development resources.
- Promotion & Tenure: A Guide for Faculty: The most updated overview of the promotion and tenure process from the Faculty Affairs Office.
- CV Guidelines (PDF): Download a template from our department.
- Educator Recognition: Feinberg Academy of Medical Educators recognizes excellence in teaching.
- Faculty Handbook: The Office of the Provost provides a description of the rights and responsibilities of membership in the faculty of Northwestern University.
- Faculty Senate: Serves as the elected and representative body of the faculty.
- If Every Fifth Physician Is Affected by Burnout, What About the Other Four? (PDF): Resilience strategies from experienced physicians.
- Medical Faculty Council: Serves as the liaison between Feinberg faculty and medical school administration and a platform for faculty to voice concerns and offer feedback.
- Mentoring in Academic Medicine (PDF): How to give and get mentoring.
- Searle Faculty Fellowships: Founded to recognize and support early-career faculty members who we expect to make significant, long-term contributions to Northwestern University.
- Women Faculty Organization: Hosts and participates in multiple activities that promote women's professional achievement, mentoring and networking.
The Faculty Wellness Program of the Faculty Affairs Office offers assistance to faculty experiencing difficulties stemming from stress, mental health concerns, substance abuse or other personal issues.
Research Templates & Resources
- IRB Templates: Get links to study templates.
- Funding Opportunities for Scientists: Explore current opportunities, foundation relations resources and more.
- Resources for Scientists: The medical school offers a wide range of resources, facilities and services to support a range of research needs, from basic science to clinical research.