The mission of the Peptide Synthesis Core is to provide custom peptide synthesis, purification and mass spectrometry-based characterization services and technical support for members of the Simpson Querrey Institute (SQI), other Northwestern University researchers, and members of the Chicago and regional research community.
- Custom Peptide synthesis – automated synthesis of peptides at 0.05mmol-2mmol scales. Dye labeling and other modifications can also be carried out.
- Preparative HPLC – large scale purification of synthesized peptides based on chromatographic separation.
- Analytical HPLC – small scale purity determination of peptides and conjugates.
- Mass spectrometry:
- Molecular weight determination of small molecules, peptides & oligonucleotides
- LC/MS analysis for purity determination
- LC/MS/MS analysis for peptide sequencing
- Lyophilization setup assistance
- Liberty 12-Channel Automated Microwave Peptide Synthesizer
- CEM Liberty Blue Microwave-Assisted Peptide Synthesizer
- Agilent 6510 Quadrupole Time-of-Flight (Q-ToF) LC/MS
- Shimadzu Prominence Preparative HPLC
- Waters Prep 150 Preparative HPLC
- Biotage V-10 Touch Solvent Evaporator
All manuscripts and grants presenting work supported by this core should include the following acknowledgement:
"[Insert Service Provided] was performed in the Peptide Synthesis Core Facility of the Simpson Querrey Institute at Northwestern University. The U.S. Army Research Office, the U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command, and Northwestern University provided funding to develop this facility and ongoing support is being received from the Soft and Hybrid Nanotechnology Experimental (SHyNE) Resource (NSF NNCI-1542205).”
303 E. Superior St, 11-257