Are you interested in a career in as an Allied Health Professional? Join us for the NU Health Discovery Program!
July 6-10, 2020
Northwestern's campuses in Chicago and Evanston
All applications due February 1, 2020. In addition to the online application, applicants will need to submit a personal essay and resume to email@example.com before February 1, 2020. More details about the essay prompt can be found in the application. Applicants may also include an optional letter of recommendation with their submission.
The NU Health Discovery Program is designed to expose undergraduate students with an interest in Allied Health Professions to a variety of professionals and the NU experience. This program is for students interested in Allied Health Professions, especially those from underrepresented communities.
This is an intensive week that will immerse participants in Allied Health Professions. At the end of the week, participants will gain exposure to multiple professions and have the information needed to be more competitive when applying for graduate studies.
Participants will have access to some of the top faculty in these professions; will have interdisciplinary opportunities; receive mentorship from current NU students, faculty, and alumni; as well as access to NU's state-of-the-art facilities.
Up to 25 applicants will be selected to participate in the NU Health Discovery Program.
Participation in the NU Health Discovery Program will provide:
Engaged, structured exposure to the following professions and their NU facilities:
- Genetic Counseling
- Physical Therapy
- Speech and Language Pathology
A network of support for the graduate school application process, built through meaningful interactions with:
- Current students
Ongoing mentorship support through:
- Mentorship as it relates to your chosen field
- Continued mentorship and support after the conclusion of the program, through an online community built during your time in the program
- Introduction to the Chicago and Evanston community
Your Stay in Evanston/Chicago
- Participation includes a 5-day summer immersion experience at no cost to invited students
- Participants are provided with housing during this week and meals are provided (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Participants will stay in Northwestern furnished dorms on our Evanston campus
- Participant travel will be covered up to $600
- Attendance at all program events is required for all participants
Michael Cavanaugh, CPO
Margaret Danilovich, PT, DPT, PhD
Debra Duquette, MS
Bill Healey, PT, EdD
Stacy Kaplan, PhD, CCC-SLP
Roberto Lopez-Rosado, DPT, MS
Kristine Riley, PhD, CCC-A, FAAA
Catherine Wicklund, MS