Feinberg's Doctor of Physical Therapy Program wants exceptional, compassionate, innovative students.
Factors considered for admission include academic performance and knowledge of the physical therapy profession. Applicants are expected to demonstrate personal and professional behaviors consistent with those expected in professional practice. Characteristics and skills such as integrity, initiative, sound judgment, acceptance of responsibility and interpersonal communication are evaluated through the application, essays and recommendations. Interviews are typically not required but may be requested at the discretion of the Admissions Committee. All applications from eligible persons that are submitted to PTCAS by the application deadline will be evaluated.
- June 15, 2022: PTCAS opens
- August 1, 2022: Early decision deadline
- September 15, 2022: Early decision notification
- October 1, 2022: Preferred application deadline
- December 1, 2022: Firm application deadline
- September - December 2022: Applicant notification
- Early January 2023: Open house for admitted/high alternate candidates
- January 15, 2023: Commitment deadline
- June 2023: MPH classes begin (DPT/MPH only)
- August 31 - Sept. 1, 2023: DPT student orientation
- September 6, 2023: DPT classes begin
Dual-Degree Application and Timeline:
Admissions Information Sessions & Request Additional Information
Are you interested in attending an information session? Please join us to learn more about our program, speak with faculty and students, and take a tour.
It is the policy of Northwestern University not to discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, handicap or veteran status in matters of admissions, employment, housing or service or in the educational programs or activities that it operates, in accordance with civil rights legislation and university commitment.
Any alleged violations of this policy or questions regarding the law with respect to nondiscrimination should be directed to the Office of the Provost, Rebecca Crown Center, Evanston, IL 60208-1101, phone 847-491-5117 or the Director of Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action and Disability Services, 720 University Place, Evanston, IL 60208-1147, phone 847-491-7458. Northwestern University reserves the right to change without notice any statement in this bulletin concerning, but not limited to, rules, policies, tuition, fees, curricula and courses.