Our community partners are integral to many of our research projects. By working with these established community organizations, we can develop studies with true relevance to real world problems where volunteers feel comfortable in participating in the work.
- Common Threads: Partners with us in the study Cooking Up Health: Docs & Kids in the Kitchen to combat the obesity and chronic disease crisis by educating future healthcare professionals and at-risk children and families.
- ALAS-Wings: Conducted a 12-week Spanish language yoga research study (ESTOY LISTA) with women diagnosed with breast cancer and their care providers.
- Universidad Popular: Joins us in the Health Literacy Initiative (HEALIN), including movement classes, healthy cooking, monthly seminars and annual fairs, to respond to health issues facing Latino communities in the Chicago area
- Imerman Angels: Works with us to recruit teens and young adults with cancer into one of the first RCTs of mindful meditation vs yoga.
Our work with these Northwestern University's departments, divisions and centers illustrates our culture of scientific collaboration and our leadership position in integrative medicine.
- Medical Social Sciences
- Medicine - Cardiology
- Medicine – Gastroenterology & Hepatology
- Medicine – Hematology/Oncology
- Pediatric – Hematology, Oncology & Stem Cell Transplantation
- Preventive Medicine
- Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
- Radiation Oncology
- Surgery – Cardiac Surgery