Focus of Work
Primary research and clinical interest in improving the outcome of the preterm babies by instituting non-invasive methods of monitoring and by instituting improvements in NICU environment for optimal growth and development. Additional reduce the exposure that impede the growth and development. Have analyzed perinatal files on impact of temperature on pregnancy outcomes.
1. Provisional Patent for Audio monitoring of the heart and lung sounds in a newborn. 2. Developed a oxygen delivery nasal cannula for a spontaneously breathing neonate in respiratory distress.by reducing the work of breathing.
Improve the Quality Improvement of care of the NICU babies. Manage babies with resp distress with invasive and non-invasive ventilation. Involved in sepsis management in newborn babies by reducing the antibiotic exposure. Also reduce the time time to administration of the antibiotics after the order is written. Improve the breast milk feeding rates in the NICU and general care nursery.
Select a keyword to see all related Feinberg faculty via the main faculty profile site.
NeonatologyEpidemiologyDevelopmental Origins of DiseaseBreastfeeding MedicineElectronic Medical RecordsBioengineeringQuality ImprovementEnvironmental Health
Education and Certification
- MD: Government Medical College, India (1982)
- Residency: Michael Reese Medical Center, Chief Medical Resident (1987)
- Fellowship: Michael Reese Medical Center, Pediatrics Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (1988)
- Fellowship: Cook County Hospital, Chicago, Neonatal/Perinatal Medicine (1992)
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Box 152
225 E Chicago Avenue
Chicago IL 60611