Focus of Work
I am study the experiences of families who have children hospitalized in a neonatal intensive care unit, as portrayed in social media. My focus is on medical decision-making and the interactions of families with medical providers in the process of that decision-making. In addition to this research and my work as a clinical neonatologist, I also work with the Lurie Bridges Pediatric Palliative Care team to provide palliative care consultation and support in the perinatal and neonatal populations.
Select a keyword to see all related Feinberg faculty via the main faculty profile site.
BioethicsPatient CommunicationsMedical Decision MakingMedical HumanitiesNeonatologyPalliative Care, HospiceNewborn infantsNarrative MedicineEthics of Research with Human Subjects
Education and Certification
- MD: University of Chicago (2004)
- Residency: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Pediatrics (2007)
- Fellowship: University of Chicago, Neonatology (2011)
- Fellowship: University of Chicago Hospitals, Medical Ethics (2011)
- Board Certification: General Pediatrics, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Pediatrics
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Box 45
225 E Chicago Avenue
Chicago IL 60611