Focus of Work
I am study the experiences of families who have children hospitalized in a neonatal intensive care unit, as portrayed in social media. My focus is on medical decision-making and the interactions of families with medical providers in the process of that decision-making. In addition to this research and my work as a clinical neonatologist, I also work with the Lurie Bridges Pediatric Palliative Care team to provide palliative care consultation and support in the perinatal and neonatal populations.
BioethicsPatient CommunicationsMedical Decision MakingMedical HumanitiesNeonatologyPalliative Care, HospiceNewborn infantsNarrative MedicineEthics of Research with Human Subjects
Education and Certification
- MD: University of Chicago (2004)
- Residency: Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Pediatrics (2007)
- Fellowship: University of Chicago, Neonatology (2011)
- Fellowship: University of Chicago Hospitals, Medical Ethics (2011)
- Board Certification: General Pediatrics, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Pediatrics
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Box 45
225 E Chicago Avenue
Chicago IL 60611
Visit Jessica Teresa Fry's Northwestern Scholars Profile to see the list of publications.