Mita S Goel, MD, MPH
Associate Professor of Medicine (General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics)
Focus of Work
Dr. Sanghavi Goel has been on faculty at Northwestern since 2004, following her Internal Medicine Residency and Chief Residency at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and her Fellowship in General Medicine at the combined Harvard General Medicine Program.
Dr. Sanghavi Goel has a long-standing interest in improving care among diverse patient populations. She conducts research using novel technology to improve health, especially breast health, in traditionally underserved populations. She also leads the Health Equity and Advocacy curriculum at the Feinberg School of Medicine and serves as Director of the combined MD/MPH Program.
Dr. Sanghavi Goel provides comprehensive primary care, emphasizing prevention and chronic disease management. She has considerable experience caring for patients currently or previously undergoing treatment for breast cancer. Her style of practice is to develop longitudinal patient-physician relationships that promote compassionate, evidence-based, patient-centered care.
Internal Medicine, General MedicineHealth Services ResearchBreast CancerInformation SystemsPublic HealthPatient Communications
Education and Certification
- MD: UMDNJ--New Jersey Medical School (1998)
- MPH: Harvard University (2004)
- Residency: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston (2001)
- Board Certification: Internal Medicine
Rubloff Building 10th Floor
750 N Lake Shore
Chicago IL 60611
Institutes and Centers
- Center for Diabetes and Metabolism
- Institute for Public Health and Medicine (IPHAM) - Center for Community Health
- Institute for Public Health and Medicine (IPHAM) - Center for Engineering and Health
- Institute for Public Health and Medicine (IPHAM) - Center for Healthcare Studies
- Northwestern University Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (NUCATS)
- Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center