Helen J Binns, MD, MPH
Focus of Work
I joined the Northwestern faculty in 1987 after completing a pediatric residency and Academic General Pediatric Fellowship at Children's Memorial Hospital.
I have conducted many studies focusing on my clinical areas of interest (especially, lead poisoning and childhood obesity). I also have expertise in practice-based research and continue to work to expand primary care-related research in community primary care practice settings. I provide guidance to support the research development of students, residents, fellows and other faculty members.
I direct the Wellness & Weight Management and the Lead Evaluation Programs for Lurie Children's. Through these programs, I provide consultative care for children exposed to lead and for children with obesity. We often join research with clinical care in order to better understand best ways to provide treatment for the children and families we serve.
Education and Certification
- MD: Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (1981)
- MPH: University of Illinois - Chicago, Epidemiology (1996)
- Residency: Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center (Children’s Memorial Hospital), Pediatrics (1984)
- Fellowship: Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center (Children’s Memorial Hospital), Ambulatory Pediatrics (1987)
- Board Certification: Pediatrics
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Box #157
225 E Chicago Avenue
Chicago IL 60611