Northwestern Information Technology partners with the research community to develop services and education to meet multidisciplinary research needs, enable faster discovery and foster collaboration among researchers.
- Consult - Offers support for addressing overall strategy for integrating computational, data, sharing, and visualization components into a study to best address the research question.
- Plan - Our team assists in the writing of grant proposals, computing allocation proposals, data use agreements, publications, etc. in support of Northwestern research initiatives.
- Visualize - Custom visualizations and tools to communicate research data to audiences ranging from peers, students, and the general public and offer new insight into your research data. Consulting and training is also available for the creation of your own visualizations.
- Data Management and Sharing - Matches the appropriate technology solutions to share, secure, and store your research data. Aids in the development of data management plans and evaluation of data use agreements.
- Compute - Quest provides high performance computing to Northwestern researchers. The Genomics Compute Cluster on Quest consists of 100 dedicated compute nodes specifically for genomics research.
- Cloud - Research Computing Services can partner with you to pick the right tools and services to smoothly transition to the cloud.
- Lab IT Support Core - Design, build, and implement custom data workflows for sharing, transferring, and storing research data, as well as instrument data collection support.
Education and Outreach
- Workshops and Training - Hosts workshops independently or in partnership with schools, departments, or groups to build and develop computational skills, including but not limited to: basic programming skills, conducting reproducible research, parallel programming, designing data pipelines, and visualization skills.
All manuscripts and grants presenting work supported by this core should include an acknowledgement of resources used. Please see the Acknowledgements page for specific wording depending on which resource you are using.