Babak S Jahromi, MD, PhD
Vice Chair of Regional Neurosurgery, Department of Neurological Surgery
Professor of Neurological Surgery
Focus of Work
Dr. Jahromi is a dual-trained neurosurgeon with extensive experience in endovascular and cerebrovascular surgery. He holds fellowships from the Universities of Miami and Buffalo, and a PhD from the University of Chicago. His work has been widely published, with over 200 papers, abstracts and book chapters to date.
Cerebral vasospasm, outcomes following stroke and subarachnoid hemorrhage, use of advanced imaging to guide treatment of acute stroke, imaging/intervention in carotid disease, trigeminal neuralgia.
Treatment of cerebrovascular lesions (surgery, embolization, radiosurgery), brain aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations (AVM), cerebral cavernoma/angioma, carotid stenosis, intracranial stenosis, Moya-Moya disease, bypass surgery, hemifacial spasm, trigeminal neuralgia, skull-base tumors. Follow on social media.
Brain AneurysmBrain Arteriovenous MalformationCarotid DiseaseCarotid StenosisStrokeCerebrovascular surgeryMinimally Invasive Cerebrovascular SurgeryEndovascular Surgical NeuroradiologyInterventional NeurosurgerySkull Base Surgery
Education and Certification
- MD: University of Toronto (1995)
- PhD: University of Chicago, Neurobiology (2003)
- Residency: University of Toronto, Canada, Neurosurgery (2005)
- Fellowship: University of Miami, Endovascular/Neurointerventional (2006)
- Fellowship: Millard Fillmore Hospital, Endovascular/Neurointerventional (2008)
- Board Certification: NeuroEndovascular Surgery, Neurological Surgery
Administrative office: 312-695-0464
Clinic (for patients): 312-695-8143
NMH/Arkes Family Pavilion
676 N St Clair St
Chicago IL 60611