Focus of Work
I am a physician scientist with a research interest in the developmental origins of obesity. I study metabolism in pregnancy and the near and long-term metabolic outcomes in children. My long-term goal is to facilitate early intervention to prevent obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus.
As core faculty for our pediatric endocrinology fellowship training program, I lead our wellness program. I participate in medical education at Feinberg through formal lectures and one-on-one teaching to students rotating through our outpatient clinic. I additionally mentor students, fellows and junior faculty on research projects.
As a pediatric endocrinologist, I care for children with hormone conditions. I have a special interest in endocrine tumors, specifically thyroid cancers and adrenal cortical tumors.
Developmental Origins of DiseasePediatricsEndocrinologyMaternal/Fetal Nutrition and MetabolismNutritional and Metabolic DiseasesMaternal-Child HealthEndocrine GeneticsObesity
Education and Certification
- MD: University of Illinois - Chicago (2001)
- MS: Northwestern University (2013)
- Residency: Mount Sinai School of Medicine of City University of New York, Pediatrics (2004)
- Fellowship: Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center (Children’s Memorial Hospital), Pediatrics Endocrinology (2008)
- Board Certification: Pediatric Endocrinology, Pediatrics
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Box 54
225 E Chicago Avenue
Chicago IL 60611