Donald Zimmerman, MD
Chief of Endocrinology in the Department of Pediatrics
Professor of Pediatrics (Endocrinology)
Focus of Work
A number of pediatric centers are planning t...[Read full text]I have had the opportunity to study problems in a number of areas of endocrinology and metabolism. Recent efforts have included studies of the evolution of the metabolic syndrome led by Dr. Xiaobin Wang. I have been continuing work on thyroid disease including thyroid cancers with recent work focusing on detection of thyroid cancer metastases. I have participated in studies of micro-RNA's in craniopharyngioma and in studies within Diabetes Trialnet.
A number of pediatric centers are planning to collate data on treatment of thyroid cancers. Along with some of my Lurie colleagues, I plan to contribute to this effort.
In addition, I (along with some of my endocrine colleagues) plan to increase our involvement with childhood bone and mineral disorders. Currently, one of the endocrine fellows and I are investigating a novel cause of hypocalciuric hypercalcemia.[Shorten text]
Select a keyword to see all related Feinberg faculty via the main faculty profile site.
Education and Certification
- MD: University of Illinois - Chicago (1974)
- Internship: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Internal Medicine (1975)
- Residency: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Internal Medicine (1977)
- Fellowship: Mayo Medical School, Adult & Pediatric Endocrinology (1980)
- Residency: Mayo Medical School, Pediatrics (1981)
- Board Certification: Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, Internal Medicine, Pediatric Endocrinology, Pediatrics
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Box 54
225 E Chicago Avenue
Chicago IL 60611