Focus of Work
Clinical outcomes in Vascular Surgery
We have continued to investigate clinical outcomes after standard vascular procedures, most recently in particular for carotid endarterectomy. We have also bee involved in a number of multicenter clinical trials.
We perform both conventional open vascular surgery and minimally invasive vascular interventions for vascular problems such as lower extremity arterial occlusive disease, carotid artery disease, aortic aneurysm, dialysis access, and venous disease.
Aortic AneurysmCirculationCarotid DiseaseVaricose VeinsArterial AneurysmsVascular BiologyVascular and Interventional Radiology
Education and Certification
- MD, PhD: University of Minnesota, Surgery (1989)
- Residency: University of Washington Medical Center (1980)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: University of Minnesota (1985)
- Residency: University of Minnesota Medical Center (1987)
- Fellowship: Stanford University Hospitals (1988)