Rebecca L Carl, MD, MSCI
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics (Academic General Pediatrics and Primary Care)
Focus of Work
Dr. Carl completed her residency in Pediatrics at the University of Wisconsin. She completed a fellowship in Non-operative pediatric orthopaedics at the University of Wisconsin and a fellowship in Primary Care Sports Medicine at Rush University.
Dr. Carl directs the primary care sports medicine fellowship at McGaw/Lurie Children's Hospital. She teaches for the Lifestyle Medicine, Health and Society, and Musculoskeletal modules for 1st and 2nd year medical students. Her research interests include Community-based Participatory Research (CBPR), lower extremity apophysitis and other overuse injuries and clubfoot.
Dr. Carl's clinical focus includes non-operative pediatric orthopaedics with a focus on congenital foot deformities and pediatric and adolescent sports medicine.
Education and Certification
- MD: University of Illinois - Chicago (1999)
- MSCI: Northwestern University, Clinical Investigation (2014)
- Residency: University of Wisconsin Medical School, Pediatrics (2002)
- Fellowship: Mt. Sinai Hospital-NY, Pediatrics Cardiology (2003)
- Fellowship: University of Wisconsin Medical School, Non-operative Pediatric Orthopedics (2007)
- Fellowship: Rush Univ. Medical Center, Primary Care Sports Medicine (2008)
- Board Certification: Pediatrics, Sports Medicine (Pediatrics)
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Box 16
225 E Chicago Avenue
Chicago IL 60611