Focus of Work
My primary clinical interest is in infections in immunocompromised patients. I also study the pathogenesis of viral encephalitis, using models which focus on host-pathogen interactions in neurologic disease due to herpes simplex virus in newborns. I am involved in clinical trials, development of vaccine candidates, and on the use of HSV as oncolytic virotherapy.
Select a keyword to see all related Feinberg faculty via the main faculty profile site.
Infectious DiseasesVirus DiseasesImmunologyTransplantationBrain, Nervous SystemHIV InfectionNewborn infants
Education and Certification
- PhD: University of Pennsylvania (1991)
- MD: Emory University (2001)
- Residency: University of Colorado Health Science Center, Pediatrics (2004)
- Fellowship: University of Washington School of Medicine, Pediatrics Infectious Diseases (2007)
- Board Certification: Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Pediatrics
Administrative office: 312-227-4080
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Box 20
225 E Chicago Avenue
Chicago IL 60611