Focus of Work
My primary research interest involves neonatal neuroprotection. Neuroprotection with the application of therapeutic hypothermia in term and near-term infants with perinatal brain injury/neonatal encephalopathy, and neonatal stroke. I am the Site PI for Preterm Epo Neuroprotection Trial (PENUT Trial). A Multi-Center, Randomized Placebo-Controlled Phase III 940-subject Trial of Erythropoietin for the Neuroprotection of Extremely Low Gestational Age Neonates (ELGANs); 2013 - 2018.
Brain InjuryClinical ResearchHealthcare QualityInfectious DiseasesLungs, Breathing ProblemsNeurology of the NewbornNutrition, DieteticsDevelopmental-Behavioral Pediatrics
Education and Certification
- MD: University of the West Indies Medical School (1985)
- Internship: Port of Spain General Hospital (1987)
- Fellowship: Magee Women's Hospital, Neonatology (1997)
- Residency: Mercy Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pediatrics (1998)
- Board Certification: Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Pediatrics
NMH/Prentice Women's Hospital Room 404
250 E Superior
Chicago IL 60611
Visit Janine Y Khan's Northwestern Scholars Profile to see the list of publications.