Learn about key findings made by our research leadership via the following publications.
- Cheung, E. O., Kwok, I., Ludwig, A. B., Burton, W., Wang, X., Basti, N., ... & Moskowitz, J. T. (2021). Development of a Positive Psychology Program (LAVENDER) for Preserving Medical Student Well-being: A Single-Arm Pilot Study. Global Advances in Health and Medicine, 10, 2164956120988481.
- Ring, M., Majd, I., & Mehta, D. H. (2020). Keeping Integrative Medicine Continuing Medical Education on the Cutting Edge—and Compliant. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 26(3), 166-171.
- Moskowitz, J. T., Cheung, E. O., Snowberg, K. E., Verstaen, A., Merrilees, J., Salsman, J. M., & Dowling, G. A. (2019). Randomized controlled trial of a facilitated online positive emotion regulation intervention for dementia caregivers. Health Psychology, 38(5), 391.
- Dusek, J. A., JaKa, M., Wallerius, S., Fairchild, S., Victorson, D., Rivard, R. L., & Betzner, A. (2018). Rationale for routine collection of patient reported outcomes during integrative medicine consultation visits. Complementary therapies in medicine, 37, 43-49.
- Benedict C, Victorson D, Love B, Fuehrer D, Lazard A, Saffer, AJ, Thea L, Zachary M. (2018). The Audacity of Engagement: Hearing Directly from Young Adults with Cancer on Their Attitudes and Perceptions of Cancer Survivorship and Cancer Survivorship Research. Journal of adolescent and young adult oncology, 7(1), 103-111.
- Hernandez R, Cheung EO, Carnethon M, Penedo FJ, Moskowitz JT, Martinez L, Schueller SM. (2018). Feasibility of a culturally adapted positive psychological intervention for Hispanics/Latinos with elevated risk for cardiovascular disease. Translational Behavioral Medicine.
- Addington EL, Cheung EO, Moskowitz JT. (2018). Positive affect skills may improve pain management in people with HIV. Journal of Health Psychology.
- Verstaen A, Moskowitz JT, Snowberg KE, Merrilees J, Dowling GA. (2018). Life enhancing activities for family caregivers of people with dementia: protocol for a randomized controlled trial of a positive affect skills intervention. Open Access Journal of Clinical Trials. 10:1-12.
- Victorson D, Hankin V, Burns J, Weiland R, Maletich C, Sufrin N, Schuette S, Gutierrez B, Brendler C. (2017). Feasibility, acceptability and preliminary psychological benefits of mindfulness meditation training in a sample of men diagnosed with prostate cancer on active surveillance: results from a randomized controlled pilot trial. Psycho-Oncology.26:1155–1163.
- Moskowitz JT, Carrico AW, Duncan LG, Cohn MA, Cheung EO, Batchelder A, Martinez L, Segawa E, Acree M, Folkman S. (2017). Randomized controlled trial of a positive affect intervention for people newly diagnosed with HIV. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology. 85(5): 409-423.
- Victorson D, Beaumont JL, Mahadevan R, Grimone A, Burns V, Murry W, Gutierrez S, Schuette S, Brady C, Ring M. (2016) Acupuncture-Related Quality of Life Changes Using PROMIS Computer Adaptive Tests in a Pragmatic Trial with Oncology and General Integrative Medicine Patients: The Role of Baseline Acupuncture Expectations. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine.
- Burnett-Zeigler, I., Schuette, S., Victorson, D., & Wisner, K. L. (2015). Mind–Body Approaches to Treating Mental Health Symptoms Among Disadvantaged Populations: A Comprehensive Review. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine.
- Victorson, D., Kentor, M., Maletich, C., Lawton, R. C., Kaufman, V. H., Borrero, M., Berkowitz, C. (2015). Mindfulness meditation to promote wellness and manage chronic disease a systematic review and meta-analysis of mindfulness-based randomized controlled trials relevant to lifestyle medicine.American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine, 9(3), 185-211.
- Moskowitz, J.T., Duncan, L.G., Moran, P.J., Acree, M. Epel, E.S., Kemeny, M.E., Hecht, F.M., & Folkman, S. (2015). Dispositional mindfulness in people with HIV: Associations with Psychological and Physical Health. Personality and Individual Differences. 86, 88-93
- Carrico, A.W., Gómez, W., Siever, M.D., Discepola, M.V., Dilworth, S.E., & Moskowitz, J.T. (2015). Pilot randomized controlled trial of an integrative intervention with methamphetamine-using men who have sex with men. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 44(7), 1861-1867.