- Advancing pharmacovigilance through academic-legal collaboration: the case of gadolinium-based contrast agents and nephrogenic systemic fibrosis-a research on adverse drug events and reports (RADAR) report.
Edwards BJ, Laumann AE, Nardone B, Miller FH, Restaino J, Raisch DW, McKoy JM, Hammel JA, Bhatt K, Bauer K, Samaras AT, Fisher MJ, Bull C, Saddleton E, Belknap SM, Thomsen HS, Kanal E, Cowper SE, Abu Alfa AK, West DP. Br J Radiol. 2014 Sep 17:20140307. [Epub ahead of print]
- Health literacy, cognitive ability, and functional health status among older adults.
Serper M1, Patzer RE, Curtis LM, Smith SG, O'Conor R, Baker DW, Wolf MS.
1 Health Literacy and Learning Program, Division of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL.
- Understanding the High Prevalence of Diabetes in U.S. South Asians Compared with Four Racial/Ethnic Groups: The MASALA and MESA Studies
Alka M. Kanaya, David Herrington, Eric Vittinghoff, Susan K. Ewing, Kiang Liu, Michael J. Blaha, Swapna S. Dave, Fareeha Qureshi, Namratha R. Kandula
- Understanding current racial/ethnic disparities in colorectal cancer screening in the United States: the contribution of socioeconomic status and access to care.
Liss DT, Baker DW.
Am J Prev Med. 2014 Mar;46(3):228-36. doi: 10.1016/j.amepre.2013.10.023. PubMed PMID: 24512861.
- Cognitive and academic functioning of juvenile detainees: implications for correctional populations and public health.
Lansing AE, Washburn JJ, Abram KM, Thomas UC, Welty LJ, Teplin LA.
J Correct Health Care. 2014 Jan;20(1):18-30. doi: 10.1177/1078345813505450.
- Life Stage Influences on U.S. South Asian Physical Activity,
Dave SS, Craft LL, Mehta P, Naval S, Kumar S, Kandula NR.
Am J Health Promot. 2014 Apr 9.
- NuFit: Nutrition and Fitness CBPR Program Evaluation.
McKinney C, Bishop V, Cabrera K, Medina R, Takawira D, Donate N, Rodriguez JL, Guevara B.
J Prev Interv Community. 2014;42(2):112-24. doi: 10.1080/10852352.2014.881180.
- Improving Diversity in Cancer Research Trials: The Story of the Cancer Disparities Research Network.
Simon MA, de la Riva EE, Bergan R, Norbeck C, McKoy JM, Kulesza P, Dong X, Schink J, Fleisher L.
J Cancer Educ. 2014 Feb 13.
- Assessing cognitive function and capacity in older adults with cancer.
McKoy JM, Burhenn PS, Browner IS, Loeser KL, Tulas KM, Oden MR, Rupper RW. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2014 Jan 1;12(1):138-44.
- Senior adult oncology, version 2.2014
Hurria A, Wildes T, Blair SL, Browner IS, Cohen HJ, Deshazo M, Dotan E, Edil BH, Extermann M, Ganti AK, Holmes HM, Jagsi R, Karlekar MB, Keating NL, Korc-Grodzicki B, McKoy JM, Medeiros BC, Mrozek E, O'Connor T, Rugo HS, Rupper RW, Silliman RA, Stirewalt DL, Tew WP, Walter LC, Weir AB 3rd, Bergman MA, Sundar H. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2014 Jan 1;12(1):82-126.
- Primary Care Physician Communication at Hospital Discharge Reduces Medication Discrepancies.
Lee A. Lindquist, MD, MPH, MBA, Atsuko Yamahiro, MD, Arianne Garrett, BS, Charles Zei, BS, and Joseph M. Feinglass, PhD, MPH, Journal of Hospital medicine
- Bilimoria KY, Chung J, Ju MH, Haut ER, Bentrem DJ, Ko CY, Baker DW. Evaluation of Surveillance Bias and the Validity of the Venous Thromboembolism Quality Measure. JAMA. 2013 Oct 9;310(14):1482-1489.
Listen to Author Interview
See video summary
- Jiang, X., and R.E. Neapolitan. Mining Strict Epistatic Interactions From High-Dimensional Datasets: Ameliorating the Curse of Dimensionality. PLoS One. 2012;7(10):e46771. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0046771. Epub 2012 Oct 12.
- Kho AN, Doebbeling BN, Cashy JP, Rosenman MB, Dexter PR, Shepherd DC, Lemmon L, Teal E, Khokar S, Overhage JM. A regional informatics platform for coordinated antibiotic resistant tracking, alerting and prevention. Clinical Infectious Diseases (2013) 57 (2): 254-262.
- Newton KM, Peissig PL, Kho AN, Bielinski SJ, Berg RL, Choudary V, Basford M, Chute CG, Kullo IJ, Li R, Pacheco JA, Rasmussen LV, Spangler L, Denny JC. Validation of Electronic Medical Record-Based Phenotyping Algorithms: Results and Lessons Learned from the eMERGE Network. J Am Med Inform Assoc 2013.
- Jeff JM, Ritchie MD, Denny JC, Kho AN, Ramirez AH, Crosslin D, Armstrong L, Basford MA, Wolf WA, Pacheco JA, Chisholm RL, Roden DM, Hayes MG, Crawford DC. Generalization of Variants Identified by Genome-Wide Association Studies for Electrocardiographic Traits in African Americans. Ann Hum Genet. 2013 Mar 28. doi: 10.1111/ahg.12023. [Epub ahead of print]PMID:23534349
- Kho AN, Rasmussen LV, Connolly JJ, Peissig PL, Starren J, Hakonarson H, Hayes MG. Practical Challenges Integrating Genomic Data into the Electronic Health Record. Genetics in Medicine. 2013 15(10), In Press.
- Jiang, X., and R.E. Neapolitan. 'Scoring and Searching Bayesian Network Models of Gene-Phenotype Association,' in Sinoquet C, and R. Mourad (Eds.): Probabilistic Graphical Models for Genetics, Oxford University Press, forthcoming.
- Neapolitan, R.E. and X. Jiang, `The Bayesian Network Story,' in Hájek, A, and C. Hitchcock (Eds.): The Oxford Handbook of Probability and Philosophy, Oxford University Press, forthcoming.
- B. Armbruster, S. Roy, A. Kapur, and J. A. Schneider. Sex network mixing in the context of sex role segregation among men who have sex with men: Implications for biomedical HIV prevention interventions. PLoS ONE, 2013, 8(8): e70043
- B. Armbruster, E. C. Beck, and M. Waheed. The importance of extended high viremics in models of HIV spread in South Africa. Health Care Management Science, June 2013.
- Video Self-instruction for Police Officers in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillators.
Aldeen AZ, Hartman ND, Segura A, Phull A, Shaw DM, Chiampas GT, Courtney DM.
- Community Representatives’ Involvement in Clinical and Translational Science Awardee Activities
Consuelo H. Wilkins M.D., M.S.C.I., Mark Spofford Ph.D., Neely Williams M.Div., Corliss McKeever M.S.W., Shauntice Allen Ph.D., Jen Brown M.P.H., Jennifer Opp, Alan Richmond M.S.W., A. Hal Strelnick M.D.
Clinical and Translational Science from the CE KFC Community Partners Integration WorkGroup
- Effects of welfare and maternal work on recommended preventive care utilization among low-income children. Am J Public Health. 2012 Dec;102(12):2274-9.
Holl JL, Oh EH, Yoo J, Amsden LB, Sohn MW.
This publication is a product of Min Sohn's MCH project, "Welfare, Maternal Employment, and On-Time Child Immunization Rates"
- Colorectal Cancer Knowledge, Attitudes, Screening, and Intergenerational Communication among Japanese American Families: An Exploratory, Community-Based Participatory Study. Lau DT, Machizawa S, Demonte W, Cameron KA, Muramatsu N, Henker RD, Chikahisa F, Tanimura M., (2013). Journal of Cross-Cultural Gerontology, 28 (1), 89-101.
- The December 2012 Special Issue of Translational Behavioral Medicine, Team Approaches to Science, Practice, and Policy in Health was edited by Bonnie Spring, Holly Falk-Krzesinski, Arlen C. Moller, and Kara L. Hall.
- An emerging science and praxis for research and practice teams. B. Spring, A.C. Moller, H.J. Falk-Krzesinski, K.L. Hall
- NUTORC - A Transdisciplinary Health Services and Outcomes Research Team in Transplantation. D.P. Ladner, E.M. Alonso, Z. Butt, J.C. Caicedo, D. Cella, A. Daud, J.J. Friedewald, E.J. Gordon, G.B. Hazen, B.T. Ho, K.R. Hoke, J.L. Holl, M.G. Ison, R. Kang, S. Mehrotra, L.B. Preczewski, O.A. Ross, P.H. Sharaf, A.I. Skaro, E. Wang, M.S. Wolf, D.M. Woods, M.M. Abecassis
- Expression of RORγt Marks a Pathogenic Regulatory T Cell Subset in Human Colon Cancer.
Sci Transl Med. 2012 Dec 12;4(164):164ra159. doi: 10.1126/scitranslmed.3004566.
Blatner NR, Mulcahy MF, Dennis KL, Scholtens D, Bentrem DJ, Phillips JD, Ham S, Sandall BP, Khan MW, Mahvi DM, Halverson AL, Stryker SJ, Boller AM, Singal A, Sneed RK, Sarraj B, Ansari MJ, Oft M, Iwakura Y, Zhou L, Bonertz A, Beckhove P, Gounari F, Khazaie K.
- Integrating Technology Into Standard Weight Loss Treatment: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
Spring B, Duncan JM, Janke EA, Kozak AT, McFadden HG, Demott A, Pictor A, Epstein LH, Siddique J, Pellegrini CA, Buscemi J, Hedeker D.
Arch Intern Med. 2012 Dec 10:1-7. doi: 10.1001/jamainternmed.2013.1221. [Epub ahead of print]
- The Possible Role of Resource Requirements and Academic Career-Choice Risk on Gender Differences in Publication Rate and Impact.
Duch J, Zeng XHT, Sales-Pardo M, Radicchi F, Otis S, et al. (2012) The Possible Role of Resource Requirements and Academic Career-Choice Risk on Gender Differences in Publication Rate and Impact. PLoS ONE 7(12): e51332. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0051332
- December 2012:
White Paper: A Healthy Chicago for LGBT Youth
- December 2012:
Healthy Snack Vending: The Chicago Park District Experience & Resource Guide
If you are an IPHAM member who would like your publication featured here, please email us at email@example.com.