News and Announcements
Browse the articles below to learn more about our faculty’s latest achievements, awards and honors.
- 09.02.2018"I have been a neurosurgeon for 32 years," he added. "From time to time, we see cases where people have miraculous recoveries. The work Erin did to enable herself to walk again is a tribute to her spirit, her faith and her forgiveness of the person who caused all these injuries." Learn more about Erin's journey here.
- 08.20.2018The Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University has been awarded a new, five-year $11.5 million Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) grant to advance translational research and improve outcomes for patients with brain cancer. more
qualityof life with leading-edge deep brain stimulation. more
- 08.15.2018Jean-Paul Wolinsky, MD, a leading authority in spinal oncology, joined Northwestern Medical Group in 2017. He is director of Spinal Oncology at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and professor of Neurosurgery at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. He has also established the new Northwestern Medicine Chordoma Center to help the estimated one in a million patients who are diagnosed each year with this rare type of bone cancer. more
- Northwestern Memorial is ranked No. 8 for Neurology & Neurosurgery08.14.2018
- 08.06.2018How the lighthouses on Michigan Avenue are a part of Patricia “Pat” Ward's story under the care of James Chandler, MD. Read here
“If you were to write a Hollywood script, you couldn’t do a better job,” says Dr. Jahromi. “To have your life saved by your childhood best friend, who then works subsequently as a nurse in the Emergency Department that saved your life is the type of ending you see credits rolling through. It’s amazing.”
Great work to the organizers of the 23rd Neuro Tumor Club Dinner - Record attendance!
- Internationally Renowned Neurosurgeon Completes Northwestern Memorial Hospital’s First Rare Spine Cancer Surgery03.02.2018
Dr. Jean-Paul Wolinsky one of 22 in the country to perform complex case
An emergency thrombectomy, which surgically removes large blood clots, may be beneficial in far more stroke patients than previously thought, according to a new trial.
- Lou Malnati Cancer Research Foundation Makes Landmark Donation to Northwestern Brain Tumor Institute12.01.2017
The Lou Malnati Cancer Research Foundation has made a transformational donation to the Northwestern Brain Tumor Institute (NBTI) to help advance medical education, collaborate on research initiatives and create innovative clinical models of care for patients with brain and spinal cord tumors. NBTI is a nationally recognized leader in the fight against brain and spinal cord tumors, offering patients the most advanced clinical trials and treatment options available. more
- 11.30.2017First patient undergoes innovative gene therapy to fight brain cancer. Read more.
- 11.17.2017A local family is trying to bring awareness to a potentially deadly disease that predominantly strikes Hispanics. watch
"The combined spine clinic provides an improved experience for everyone,” explains Tyler Koski, MD, director of Neurosurgery Spine and co-director of the Spine Program with Dr. Patel. “Patients get access to top specialists who can easily collaborate to develop an optimized treatment plan.” Learn more here.
- 09.06.2017Date & Location
Friday, October 20, 2017 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM Northwestern Medicine Prentice Women's Hospital, Chicago, ILSpecialties
Neurology, Neurosurgery, Nurse Practitioner, Nursing, Orthopedic Surgery, Pain Medicine, Physician AssistantOverview
Please join Northwestern experts for an interactive discussion on the delivery of treatment for spinal disease, where current data in regards to the efficacy, and outcomes from surgical treatment of spinal disease will be provided.Learn more here.