Who can be an IPHAM Member?
Membership is open to faculty, staff, students, and trainees of Northwestern University and partner organizations interested in research and/or education in the fields of public health and health services:
- Northwestern University
- Northwestern Memorial Healthcare Corporation
- Lurie Children's Hospital
- The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- Community, Academic, and Industry Partners
What are the benefits of IPHAM?
Access to a variety of specialized resources and services to support research infrastructure, the benefits of IPHAM membership include additional specialized services and resources focused on the health sciences:
- Pilot grants through research centers
- Internal and external marketing
- Collaborative research and education opportunities - brown bags, conferences, and seminar series
- Support for publications and grants
- Technical editing
- GIS (geographic information system) models to visualize and analyze research data
- Project management to support large, collaborative proposal submissions: P's, U's, and T's
- Research administration services supported by the IPHAM research centers
- Support developing research symposiums and conferences
- Biostatistics and study design support (through NUCATS)
- Development of Research Studios to incubate research
- Classroom space with lecture capture (currently building out)
- Access to graduate student pool
- Support for faculty and staff recruitment, hiring, and retention
- Access to internal employee skill sets for project needs
- Access to IT management for research programs
- Collaborative research initiatives around big data
What are the terms and conditions?
- Tell us, via an annual survey, what you have done with the IPHAM resources and support you received through center affiliation.
- Send us an updated CV/resume annually.
- Be willing to write requested articles about your work for the media, blogs, and other communications efforts.
How do I sign up?
Apply on our membership application page. Membership approval is at the discretion of each Center Director. We will inform you as your application's status changes. If you have any questions in the meantime, please email us at email@example.com.