Who can be an IPHAM Member?
Membership is open to faculty of Northwestern University and partner organizations interested in research and/or education in the fields of public health and health services:
- Northwestern University
- Northwestern Memorial Healthcare Corporation
- Lurie Children's Hospital
- Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
What are the benefits of IPHAM?
Access to a variety of specialized resources and services to support research infrastructure, the benefits of IPHAM membership include additional specialized services and resources focused on the health sciences:
- Pilot grants through research centers
- Internal and external marketing
- Collaborative research and education opportunities - brown bags, conferences, and seminar series
- Support for publications and grants
- Technical editing
- GIS (geographic information system) models to visualize and analyze research data
- Project management to support large, collaborative proposal submissions: P's, U's, and T's
- Research administration services supported by the IPHAM research centers
- Support developing research symposiums and conferences
- Biostatistics and study design support (through NUCATS)
- Development of Research Studios to incubate research
- Classroom space with lecture capture (currently building out)
- Access to graduate student pool
- Support for faculty and staff recruitment, hiring, and retention
- Access to internal employee skill sets for project needs
- Access to IT management for research programs
- Collaborative research initiatives around big data
What are the terms and conditions?
- Tell us, via an annual survey, what you have done with the IPHAM resources and support you received through center affiliation.
- Be willing to write requested articles about your work for the media, blogs, and other communications efforts.