The Outcomes Measurement and Survey Core (OMSC) serves the needs of the cancer researchers within the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center. The mission of this core facility is to provide consultation and support for research that involves collecting, analyzing or interpreting self-report data in culturally diverse populations. The OMSC is housed within the Department of Medical Social Sciences, which also provides similar services to any member of the Northwestern community.
The OMSC provides expertise on the best ways to measure outcomes derived by self-report, serves as a central resource for state-of-the-science instruments and measurement methods, and provides in-house research support services for translation, collection and analysis of outcomes and survey data.
- Research Design Consultation Services
- Assistance with development of new protocols
- Questionnaire/Survey selection and development
- Recruitment strategies and assessment plans
- Analysis methods
- Programming & Analysis Services
- Computer-based questionnaire administration tools
- Scoring algorithms
- Psychometric and statistical analysis and interpretation
- Research Operations Services
- Training for study interviewers
- Multilingual study interviewers
- Multilingual translations of questionnaires and surveys
- Qualitative methods (focus groups, cognitive interviewing)
All manuscripts and grants presenting work supported by this core should include the following acknowledgement:
"This work was supported by the Northwestern University Outcomes Measurement and Survey Core and a Cancer Center Support Grant (NCI CA060553)."
Department of Medical Social Sciences
633 N. St. Clair, 19th Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60611