The Department of Microbiology-Immunology has regular opportunities for students, postdoctoral fellows, research technicians and prospective faculty. We welcome your interest.
- Undergraduate and postdoctoral candidates should contact the individual faculty member of interest.
- Graduate students are placed in our labs through their programs. See the information on the Education page.
- Technician positions are posted to Northwestern University's Careers page.
- Positions are frequently available for postdoctoral fellowships. Please contact specific faculty members of interest for more information.
Featured Opportunity: Faculty Position in Microbial Pathogenesis
The Department of Microbiology-Immunology at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine seeks a full-time tenure track Investigator at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor level within the broad field of microbial pathogenesis. Applicants in the fields of bacterial pathogenesis, host-pathogen interactions, bacterial interactions with the immune system, antibiotic resistance, and the microbiome are particularly encouraged to apply.
Qualified candidates are expected to have a PhD, MD, or equivalent degree as well as postdoctoral training. The successful candidate will be expected to establish and maintain a vigorous, extramurally funded research program and to participate in our strong graduate and medical student training programs. All applicants should have substantial peer-reviewed publications that demonstrate productivity and the ability to perform cutting-edge research. Candidates for an Assistant Professor position should have current or pending external funding, which could include an NIH K level award or equivalent. Candidates at the Associate Professor level should have substantial research productivity, current grant support and academic service. The primary criteria for selection will be excellence and creativity in research and scholarship. We offer a highly interactive collegial research environment with state-of-the-art research facilities.
The start date is negotiable, and the position will remain open until filled. When applying, please upload a CV with references, research statement and cover letter describing your interest and alignment with the position.
Please read ALL instructions and make preparations before proceeding to the application page:
- Applications will only be accepted via online submission (click on button below).
- Please prepare all documents in advance as Adobe PDF files, and please be sure all information is entered correctly and accurately (especially names and email addresses), as there will be no opportunity for online revision after your application has been submitted.
- All required fields in the application form are marked with an asterisk and must be filled before clicking the “Submit” button.
- Be aware that incomplete applications cannot be saved.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.