Perinatal and Women's Psychology Fellowship
We offer a one-year Perinatal and Women’s Mental Health Instructor-Level Clinical Psychology scholar position. Two candidates are accepted each year. We offer training in women’s mental health with a focus on perinatal mental health and reproductive psychology for a one year clinical-research position beginning July/August with an optional second year for those interested in research.
Scholars will receive in-depth exposure to and training in:
- Menstrual-related mood or anxiety symptoms
- Treating depression, bipolar disorder, and anxiety in pregnancy, postpartum and perimenopause
- Traumatic birth
- Trauma-based disorders
- Mother and infant attachment
- Behavioral Activation Psychotherapy
- Light/therapy Circadian Rhythms Intervention
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Perinatal mental health and family relationships
Men and Fathers Clinic
Scholars also have the option to see patients in the comprehensive care clinic for men and fathers with mood and anxiety disorders related to the birth of a child or trauma related to childbirth of a partner.
Clinical Training Sites
Scholars train in a women’s outpatient clinic in the Asher Center for the Study and Treatment of Depressive Disorders as well as a collaborative care obstetrical clinic, which has an integrated outpatient psychiatry clinic in Prentice Hospital.
Application Eligibility & Requirements
- Complete an APA approved internship
- Licensed to practice clinical psychology by the IDFPR in the State of Illinois prior to the anticipated start date of the program
- Candidate should have strong clinical background with experience in the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic mental disorders.
Please send a Personal Statement – (one page maximum) describing your interests in perinatal and women’s mental health, achievements, and career goals (optional – include interests/goals in research), curriculum vitae, and two (2) letters of recommendation (to be emailed directly by the writer). Admissions are rolling until the positions are filled. Please send documents by email to: Barbara Sutcliffe, Program Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org