Hermanos y Hermanas
Being Latinx in medical school can come with unique obstacles and experiences. To ensure first-year Latinx medical students have access to a focused and consistent support system, Hermanos y Hermanas facilitates both structured and unstructured mentoring opportunities at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.
- M1s matched with a direct M2 hermano/a
- Subsidized one-to-one check-ins
- “El Merendero," year-round pop-up events featuring Latinx snacks
- Organized group potlucks and dinners celebrating important milestones
- Workshops providing high-yield student advice
- Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) I and II practice sessions
- Area of Scholarly Concentration (AOSC) research panel and scholarship application workshop
- Ask-an-M4 panel
Join Hermanos y Hermanas
Those interested in joining Hermanos y Hermanas should contact our office: email@example.com.