Training and educating future clinicians and scientists with a focus on dynamic and evolving awareness of the science of aging.
An essential part of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine's mission involves the training and education of future clinicians and scientists. As part of Feinberg, a fundamental aim of the Potocsnak Longevity Institute involves the creation of the Geroscience Academy.
The Geroscience Academy will:
- Create formal curriculum informed in the science of aging
- Develop educational materials and formal courses for GME/CME
- Host community engagement activities including seminars dealing with ethical, economic, political and societal ramifications of extending human lifespan
- Sponsor a global online lecture series
- Establish an annual award for internationally recognized leaders in our field
Geroscience Academy Grand Rounds
We host respected leaders in geroscience who are at the forefront of clinical care, research, education, health policy reform and quality improvement in our new Geroscience Academy Grand Rounds. Grand rounds will take place virtually at 12:15 p.m. on the last Friday of the month.