Joseph R Leventhal, MD, PhD
Fowler McCormick Professor in Surgery
Professor of Surgery (Organ Transplantation)
Focus of Work
I currently direct the kidney and pancreas transplant programs at Northwestern University. My clinical interests include Kidney / pancreas transplantation, Laparoscopic surgery, Living donor kidney transplant, Vascular access, and desensitization for kidney transplant recipients. My research interests include developing cell based therapies to achieve tolerance induction in solid organ transplant recipients.
Select a keyword to see all related Feinberg faculty via the main faculty profile site.
Education and Certification
- MD: SUNY - Brooklyn (1987)
- PhD: University of Minnesota, Surgical Science (1996)
- Residency: Univ. of Minnesota Hospital (1996)
- Fellowship: Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center (Northwestern Memorial Hospital) (1997)
- Board Certification: Surgery
NMH/Arkes Family Pavilion Suite 1900
676 N Saint Clair
Chicago IL 60611