Feinberg School of Medicine History(2 MB). The medical school's story intertwines with historic events.
From an informal meeting of Chicago physicians in 1859, to a world-renowned leader in medical education, research, and patient care, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine has a rich history of innovation and scholarship spanning over 150 years. Feinberg’s progression has been influenced by past and current leaders in the field of medicine and a community that believed in our mission. Learn more about the medical school’s history.
- Read our historical narrarative
- View our historical timeline
- Meet Feinberg National Academy of Sciences members
- View our notable profiles
- Learn about transforming gifts
This page last updated Oct 15, 2012