Service Learning & Student Volunteer Programs
Education-Centered Medical HomeProvides students with a longitudinal experience as members of outpatient care teams in multiple community locations.
Cooking Up HealthPartnership with Common Threads to expand students’ ability to provide counseling on culturally competent health eating and food preparation.
Global Health Training Electives
Students may apply for placement in a number of international global health training electives providing clinical, research, policy, advocacy and leadership experiences.
2nd-Year Medical Students Address Food Insecurity
A group of Feinberg medical students recently designed and implemented a community quality improvement project, screening patients for food insecurity at their Education-Centered Medical Home (ECMH) site on Chicago’s West side and volunteering with a local food pantry.
Northwestern Medicine Pipeline Programs Continue to Thrive Amid Pandemic
Despite obstacles from the pandemic, several Northwestern Medicine pipeline programs have continued helping young people from communities traditionally underrepresented in medicine to learn about and gain experience in the field.
Volunteer Programs for Students
MD students recently reported working with the community in the following ways beyond their training. Visit our Student Organizations and Specialty Interest Group pages to learn more about many of these programs.
- Action for Young Athletes in Chicago
- Adolescent Medicine
- Alzheimer's Buddy Program
- Camp Wildcat
- CHC Cardiology Clinic
- CHC Endocrinology Clinic
- CHC Ophthalmology Clinic
- Chicago Help Initiative's Homeless Health Screening
- Chicago Lights Tutoring
- Chicago Marathon medical volunteer
- Chicago Youth Program Pediatric Clinic
- Chicago Youth Program Tutoring
- Chinatown Clinic
- Church volunteer
- Devon Clinic
- Family Medicine Interest group
- Fein Yarns and Healing
- Feinberg Blood Drives
- Good Neighbor
- Heart and Sole
- Homeless shelters
- Hospice volunteer
- Howard Brown Health clinical volunteer
- IMERT medical volunteer
- In Vivo
- Keep Your Heart Healthy
- Medical Spanish Interest Group
- New Life Volunteering Society
- Northwestern University Alliance for International Development (NU-AID)
- NU-Feinberg Connections
- NUtrition Club
- Phi Rho Sigma
- Prentice Ambulatory Clinic
- Spanish interpreter at clinics
- Women's Health Science Mentoring Program
- YMCA cooking class instructor