Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition is based on The Graduate School’s Part-Time Tuition Rate which is $7,372 per course for the academic year 2022-23.
- Master of Science in Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety: 9 courses
- Certificate Program: 5 courses
- Faculty Development Program: 5 courses
Internal Reduced Tuition Rates
Northwestern affiliates eligible for special reduced tuition:
- Fellows: $3,200 per course
- Northwestern Employee Reduced Tuition: up to $12,000 per year for full-time, benefits-eligible employees
- Northwestern Employee Enhanced Reduced Tuition: more than three years of service and annual salary less than $100,000
We offer a limited number of scholarship opportunities that will provide 40% of the cost for the first year of the master’s program. We particularly encourage nurses, allied health professionals, and those working with under-served, low-income populations to apply for these highly sought-after scholarships. Scholarships are renewable for the second year of study contingent upon good academic standing. The program scholarship is not valid with other special offerings.
To apply, applicants must submit a 250-word statement explaining why they should receive a scholarship and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your full name and CollegeNET applicant ID on this statement. The scholarship application is due by the application deadline.
National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ) members are eligible to receive a tuition discount towards the master's program only, for a maximum of eight qualified students per year. Applicants must submit proof of NAHQ membership in their CollegeNET application as a supplemental document.
NAHQ Membership Discount
Graduates of the master's program can receive a one-time discount of 50 percent off NAHQ membership dues. Please contact the program for more information.